Andrew qualified as a Solicitor in 2001 and has specialised in older client law since 2005. He is delighted to have joined our Private Client Team in Huddersfield in October 2021, having previously worked at a small firm in Wakefield. Andrew has a particular interest in acting for vulnerable clients, including those having been diagnosed with dementia. He has previously worked closely with various dementia groups and organisations. His areas of specialism include the following:
- Wills (including some tax planning).
- Property Trust Wills (to mitigate against the cost of care)
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Applications to the Court of Protection (where someone has already lost capacity)
- Probate and the administration of estates (including larger estates involving inheritance tax)
Andrew is highly personable and straight talking and prides himself on having received consistently good feedback from past clients on the quality of the personal service which he provides.
Andrew is also an accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly. This is a specialist group of lawyers who have undergone additional training in the areas of the law effecting the older client.
In his free-time Andrew loves to travel, socialise and walk his dog Betty.